No one knows about pain and inflammation more than top athletes, and they prefer CBD oil over other painkillers. Athletes, whether amateur or professional, push the limits of their mind and body. By breaking the boundaries of the mind and body, they are able to accomplish great feats and win in their games. But the aftermath of which is the down surge of pain caused by bruised nerves and tissues as well as the onslaught of inflammation.
Top Athletes Choosing CBD Oil Over Painkillers
Athletes are using CBD oil for pain and inflammation because of its better natural efficacy than painkillers such as opioids. Nate Diaz, Chris Camozzi, and Leonard Marshall are just a few top athletes who opt to use CBD oil as a natural alternative to pain medication.
- Nate Diaz boldly showed his choice in battling pain and inflammation during the press conference after his fight with Conor Mcgregor in 2016. He loaded his vape pen at the event with the organic extract, and when reporters asked him, he said he’s smoking CBD oil. He cited the advantages of the organic oil in helping him heal and prevent inflammation. He stated it as his preferred natural medication during and after training and fights.
- Chris Camozzi is another mixed martial arts fighter who uses CBD oil. He started hemp extract CBD supplements after a serious knee injury. It became a major part of his health and wellness regimen; helping him to be effective in continuing his sports and doing the things he loves.
- Leonard Marshall is a former NFL player who showed signs of chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE. It is a form of traumatic brain injury caused by repeated concussions. Marshall chose to use CBD oil rather than prescription medication to help him cope with the chronic disorder. His experience with the organic alternative is phenomenal, as it remarkably reduced and even eradicated symptoms completely with continued use.
Why Is CBD Oil Could Be More Effective Than Prescription Pain Medication?
CBD oil and other derived compounds from the cannabis plant continue to be accepted with certain caution because of the previous notion that hemp derived products are addictive and bad for health. This is far from the truth of the full range of benefits CBD and other cannabis derivatives have for overall health and wellbeing.
Let’s make a brief comparison between CBD and prescribed opioids.
CBD Oil and Other Cannabis Derived Products:
- We produce our own cannabinoid compound in the body. And these compounds have two receptors for different purposes such as for pain and inflammation. CB1 receptors are concentrated in the brain and the nervous system for pain management. When we consume CBD oil, these receptors respond by sending inhibitors to affected areas.
- CB1 also manages symptoms for chronic disorders such as CTE.
- CB2 receptors are found in the immune system, responding to injuries and disease through inflammation. Cannabinoid receptors inhibit the system from releasing compounds responsible for inflaming cells and tissues.
Opioids are chemical compounds that produce morphine-like effects. They are used for pain relief, such as in administering anesthetics for surgical operations. Included in the roster of opioids is heroin, but through synthetic formulation, there are prescription drugs available such as oxycodone and hydrocodone for pain management after injuries and surgeries.
- Since opioids are derived from opium, they are effective in alleviating pain but still highly addictive.
- For people addicted to these types of pain medication, they are likely to elevate to the use of heroin when the prescription drugs no longer give the same effect.
Athletes are aware of these effects and opt for natural and safer but effective products such as CBD oil and supplements to relieve pain and inflammation as well as for overall well being. There are many types of cbd oil for sale online but top athletes across the country are turning to Radix Remedies CBD for their relief and you can too.